Friday, August 21, 2015

Missing in Action and Catching up!!!!!!

Happy Friday!!!!!!  I hope you all have had a wonderful day.  I am finally getting a chance to get caught up with alot of things that I have been neglecting.  Sorry that I haven't been on lately to say to anyone but it has been crazy around here.

Recently my daughter started college, got a car, the grandbaby turned 1, my daughter turned 25, and I turned 29 again (lol...oh if only I could be), did repairs to the deck, fixed the shed, bought a new car, went on a mini getaway to SIL and Brothers, and bought some new make-up.  Now I am trying to figure out what type of new blog design I want.  I think I have narrowed it down to 2 but who know, it might still change.

I wanted to share some pics with you from all that has been going on lately.  Hope you enjoy them.

My handsome adorable loving grandson turned one in mid July and he is such a ham.  Then my daughter turned 25 just 3 days later and them me 11 days after that.  So we went to the Mall and they had these adorable animals that you can ride on for like 7 minutes that cost like 10 dollars or something crazy.  So of course my daughter had to ride it and used the baby as the  Yes, I wish I would have thought of that  Oh to be young and being able to get away with that sort of thing.  

The whole purpose of going to the Mall was to check out the Bare Minerals store.  Yes I know I sell AVON but my SIL wanted me to go get color matched with Bare Minerals because she wanted me to try it.  It was going to be a Birthday gift from her.  I went and the lady was doing my colors and when she handed me the mirror to see how well it covered I was surprised!!!!  In a good way??? NO!!!!  I told her that I wanted to know what color I needed to cover up all of this (as I was waiving my hand over my face) and she her response was surprising.  She said that I wanted something that was going to cover but not look like I had on make-up.

Yes she told me I didn't want to look like I had on make-up and still have coverage.  I explained to her that I didn't want to look like I face planted in a gallon of make up but whatever she put on me didn't do anything.  I couldn't tell I had any on and she said "Exactly".  Uh NO you dumbass, I want coverage, I don't want to see freckles, blemishes, redness, none of it.  So I made her put on a darker color.  Finally she got it right.  Geeze.  So I got the Starter kit from Bare Minerals as my gift from my SIL.

Well my daughters car decided to have more issues and I said enough was enough already!!!!  I refused to let her or me drop one more cent into that piece of crap.  So I did what I always do when I have had enough with my vehicles, I called my brother and told him the price range, monthly payment amounts, and time frame and various makes and models and let him take it from there.  I love that my brother is in the Car Business.  I have gotten almost every car I have ever owned from him or through him and his connections.

Then I started planning our trip.  I knew that we were going to have to make a 2-3 day trip because we had the baby with us and it was me, my daughter and the baby driving to SC to get the car.  That is a long ride for the baby, hell for me for that matter.  We got stuck in traffic, drove through rain and finally made it to SIL and Brothers house after 12:30 a.m.  She was such a sport to stay up and wait for us.

 This is my little man telling us he is ready to go again.  We had to stop and get something to eat on the way there since I worked that day I didn't cook dinner.  I picked up the kids and we were on the road in no time flat.

Christian was such a trooper.  He slept for a good portion of the trip but the pressure in the mountains really bothered him when he was awake.  I felt so helpless because there wasn't anything I could do to help him.

You can check out more about our trip by going here and watching my SIL DITL and see all the other things that went on as well as catch up on her happenings.  I don't do video but I am seriously thinking about getting into it.  I just hate to be in front of the camera.

After we signed the papers on the car it was time to get to lunch.  We were starved.  My grandson had to be the first behind the wheel of his mommies new car.  Of course my brother who is leaning over talking to him made him laugh and giggle.  He is such a happy baby.

Then came Sunday Morning and we were packing up to hit the road.  The baby rode with me through the mountains so my daughter could get really used to her car.  Then we stopped in NC to stretch and take a quick break before heading home.  We did fairly well considering we were up extremely early and out the door before noon.  I wanted to be able to take our time driving if my daughter needed to stop more on the way home.  She has never driven by herself for a long period of time so I was a bit worried.  Hell for that matter neither have I but I am used to driving so it didn't bother me as much.  I stayed behind her the entire way.

She stopped in Lexington to visit a friend before heading the rest of the way home which I was already in my pj's by the time she got home and was ready to crash but I was a worried momma bear and had to wait up for her.  She made it home safe and sound.  The next morning she started college.

So that is just a quick recap of the last 3 weeks in our household.  Stay tuned for more to come.  I will be doing a product review soon and sharing some more exciting things happening in the house as well.

post signature