Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. I am joining up with Joyce again for another great post. All about mom and rightfully so since this is the month that we Celebrate our Moms.
Be sure to hop over and check out her blog and then answer the questions on your own blog and link up. A lot of great bloggers join in every week.
1. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?
Have you hugged your mom today, have you sent her on her way with Love, Love, Love, Love, Love? (this used to be a theme song to a latch key kid commercial I think but not sure, maybe a child abuse prevention commercial)
No I don’t say this to my kids but I do make sure that I tell them that I Love them before they leave the house and before I go to bed. I want it to be the last thing they hear from me even if they are mad at me, they will know that I Love them!!
2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Chanel No. 5 perfume and black cherry candles. My mom always smelled good and her perfume lingered even when she left my house. I miss her so much. Her car even smelled like her perfume even though she smoked in her car you could never tell it.
3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
Playing Bingo. We went to Bingo every chance we got. It was something she like doing even if she didn't win. It was her time to be among other adults as she said without worrying about the kids.
4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70's fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men...flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints...what say you?
Well I am going with Flared Jeans. I wear them now and it is probably the only time I am in fashion…lol. As for the men, none of the above appeal to me or my husband.
5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
Not that I can think of. I don’t have anyone that I know in either profession. But I remember one particular nurse that was called “mom” when I had my kids she was there for all of the deliveries and she was amazing. She had a way of making me think about something other than the pain of labor.
6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
My daughter Victoria took her GED last summer and passed. We just got the notification of the Graduation Ceremony on the 15th. You would certainly find that along with a copy of the medicine conversion chart for Children's Tylenol since I have my grandson.
7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
I would say a 2. I seen the post and a snippet of the video where she walked out of the hospital but other than that I don’t pay much attention to it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This month is a sweet and sad month in regards to Mother’s Day for me. It is sad because I don’t have my mom with me here anymore and my daughter isn't here anymore to spend Mother’s Day with her kids. This is my mom and Heather in 2007 at her GED Graduation Ceremony. One of the few times my mom actually let me take her picture.
|R.I.P. Mom and Heather|
♥Happy Heavenly Mother's Day ♥
Neither are here to celebrate Miss KayLee’s birthday this month or the graduation celebration for Victoria. However, it is sweet as well because my other daughter Victoria is going to be celebrating her 1st Mother’s Day this year. I have found all sorts of great and amazing things to do for her from the baby thanks to blogger, pinterest and co-workers sharing ideas they have found. Once I get the crafts done I will share with you all. I know she wants a mom ring which I don’t have a problem getting but I want her first Mother’s Day to be extra special.
This wraps us another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. Don’t forget to leave your comments below and your website so that I can check in and see your Hodgepodge answers. We are all looking to grow our blogs and blogging friends.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there and all the Dad's that are Mom's as well. It is the most underpaid, exhausting, roller coaster of emotions, want to pull your hair out sometimes, sad, happy, joyful, overwhelming, best thing that will ever happen to you that you will ever experience or do in life. No matter how old your children are they will always be your babies. My daughter would have been 26 this year, Victoria will be 25 and Brandon will be 21 this year and they are all still my babies and will be until the day I am no longer here on earth with them.