Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks to Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond we are bringing you the first Hodgepodge of the New Year. It is certainly one to make you think. So click on the link above and join in on the fun. Don't forget to visit several blogs and leave some blog lovin comments.
1. What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
---- Communicate, communicate, and communicate. There is nothing worse than one of you feeling that everything is fine when the other doesn’t feel that way. A lot of possible problems can be greatly avoided by doing this one simple task.
2. Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined As Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?"and "Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?"
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix).
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
---- Wow I have no clue what I was doing. Probably the same thing I have done every year since I was 16 and that is sit at home and watch t.v. Yes nothing sounds more exciting, right? I never really got into the whole celebrate the New Year thing. It just didn’t seem productive to me.
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
----- J a smile.
4. Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are-
---- How about all of them. I mean seriously are we that damn lazy that we have to resort to acronyms to say something. I can understand that you would use an acronym to remember something but if you are calling someone Crazy then use that word instead of using partials or made up shit. Seriously it gets on my nerves.
5. January is National Hot Tea month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
---- I love sweet ice tea and I will occasionally drink a hot up of tea but I am not that picky when it comes to tea. I certainly don’t have a tea pot or a tea cup. I use a plain old coffee cup to drink it out of. If I have a sore throat then I will add some milk to it and maybe some honey.
6. Whatever happened to________________________________?
---- Game rooms, neighborhood picnics and knowing your neighbors. I remember when I was a kid we had a game room that we would go to and hang out. It kept us out of trouble. The people across the way from us would always get a picnic or a softball game going and we all knew our neighbors. Seriously sit out on the porch and talk about everything and absolutely nothing at the same time. We really connected.
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
---- Saint Odd by Dean Koontz. I am going to go get it today. It is the last of the Odd Series and I am kind of sad about it. Love that series and the character.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
---- I have joined the YMCA and I have to admit shamefully I have only been 1 time since I joined. I get up late every morning and swear that the day is going to be different and better and I am going to get my ass there but never do. I wake up extremely tired, hurting all over and absolutely unmotivated. I hate feeling this way and know that I need to change it. I so want to lose about 95lbs this year but I know I have to do it in small steps. I will be joining the Weight Loss Challenge that they have and I know for sure that will force me to get to the gym. I am putting it on my calendar though for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I figure if I can get those days in at the gym every week then I should be good to go.
It is just so hard with work, AVON, babysitting my grandson and having to do all the running in the house. Not that I mind being in control of the money in our house but I don’t like all the other stuff to go with it such as being the one that has to go to the grocery store all the time.
Thank you for stopping by and please be sure to leave a comment and let me know you were here. I would love to find new bloggers and readers to connect with. Follow me and I will follow you.