Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. I am linking up with Joyce from From This Side of The Pond. She always comes up with some great questions and really makes you think...lol. SO be sure to leave a comment below and then hop on over to her blog and join in on the fun.
1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
--- I was married to a Army man so yes I have written a letter or two. I try to interact as much as possible with these two very handsome men below that I call my nephews. But sometimes it is hard. Derek on the left seems to be always out in training or deployed and Justin on the right is back home from being injured and married to his beautiful wife Trynity.
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
---- Oh that is easy....DIAMONDS!!!!!!! Since I can't have money then I will take the Diamonds and sell them for money...hehehehe.
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
--- The last invitation I received in the mail would have to be from my sister-in-laws sister for her wedding. We weren't able to attend because on the same day I was having a baby shower for my daughter.
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
---- Coffee!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and Ice Cream
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
--- Cheers I would have to say. Only because I can relate to the scene.
6. What decision are you glad you made?
--- Having my children and getting 2 college degrees.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
--- We have a wonderful new grandbaby. He is such a love and a great baby. Hardly ever cries and is starting to discover he has a voice. The sounds of a baby are magical.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
--- I am so greatful for the wonderful family that I have. Although sometimes I swear they like to test my nerves. I just wish that my family was complete and that my mom, my oldest daughter were still here on earth with us and her children and my oldest son were close. I miss them all so much. There isn't a day that don't go by that I don't think of them and miss them greatly. One day though I know we will all be together in Heaven where there is only love, happiness and peace.
This is the last Thanksgiving that my mom and my daughter were here on earth with us. It was in 2007.
This year we are going to my brothers Scott (above with mom and Heather) and Kisha's house for Thanksgiving. My other daughter and grandson are suppose to be going to Texas (I really don't want them going) and my son has to work so me and the Hubby is going. I know some of you may judge but that is ok. I hate us all being apart on Thanksgiving but since my mom and daughter passed it hasn't been the same anyway.
So I hope you all have enjoyed and be sure to leave a comment below letting me know you were here and then hope on over to Joyce's blog and join in.