Hello everyone and welcome to the 190th edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. So please fell free to jump over to Joyce's blog who created this and join in on the fun. Be sure to visit other bloggers that are also participating and leave a comment or two. Just have fun...there are no right or wrong answers here.
1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
---- I would say that I agree. I am always telling people that they are only as old as they want to be. It is a mind set. I have a lady that I work with that is 75 years old and has more energy and pep then anyone I have ever seen that age. She said she refuses to grow up because she is having to much fun. Honestly, she wears me out.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
--- Great question and had me doing my research. So I only picked about 4 that sounded good and left all the bad ones alone.
The official signing of the US Declaration of Independence by 56 people in 1776
Henry Hudson enters bay that was later named after him
1st mailboxes were installed in Boston and NYC Streets
Lewis Carroll publishes "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
---- As a woman I always want my cake and eat it too. I mean seriously I would love to get paid from a job and have a 6 month vacation twice a year.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
---- Oh this requires some thought. I guess I would have to say swinging on a swingset. As far as what makes me feel old...that is easy...my body. I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt as I get older.
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
---- hmmmm another one that requires thought...lol. Most of what I do is simple and easy. So to answer that one is next to impossible. But I guess I will have to say putting my grandson to sleep even when he didn't want to.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
---- Sex of course, every year you should be better at it then the year before.
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
---- I haven't a clue but would hope maybe ad space on your blog.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
---- Today has already been one of them days. However, knowing that I get to go home to my pumpkin above is enough to put a smile on my face.
****Please be sure to visit these two post Here and Here and help with finding a cure for Cancer. Then Share so we can spread the word.