Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Closing out July Wednesday Hodgepodge
Hello everyone and welcome to the last Wednesday Hodgepodge of July. If you haven't yet joined in on the Hodgepodge be sure to go over to Joyce's page over at From This Side of the Pond and read the rules and then jump on in. She always has great creative questions and a away of getting you to thinking about your past and alot of memories. So feel free to leave some blog lovin and let me know you were here with your link back to your site and lets grow our followers and learn about one another.
1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon."~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
---- I would have to agree. Summers never did seem to last that long when I was younger. My favorite memories of when me, my mom and a bunch of our friends and family would get together and go to the park and cook out. Sometimes my brothers would go and sometimes they wouldn't but we always had fun.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
---- Honestly I could care less about NASCAR. Watching cars go around and around isn't interesting to me at all.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
---- Oh wow there is too many things to list on this one. But I would have to say "wishing someone was dead". I used to say it alot when I would get mad but after loosing my mom and my oldest daughter I have learned the hard way what that feels like and honestly I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!!!
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
---- I love lasagna but if I had to choose it would be spaghetti. Even though they are both feeling lasagna is one of those dishes I just have to be in the mood for.
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
---- Waking up to my husband bringing me coffee in bed. Even though we are totally different people when it comes to waking up in the morning he tries to make it less painful for me in the morning by bringing me coffee and giving me kisses.
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
---- Another great question. I would have to say it would be Making Dreams Come True. I love to see people happy and I know all too well what it is like to dealing with depression and loss. I want to make the world a better place and if that includes putting a smile on someone's face that really needs it then that is what I would love to do.
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
---- Thank you for the memories and love July!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
---- Well my grandson is finally here and he is perfect. Even though my daughter was miserable for the majority of her pregnancy she had a very beautiful baby and it was all worth it. She didn't have a hard labor but I am sure she is in 7th heaven right now. Her son wasn't due until 2 days after her birthday but he came 4 days earlier then expected. She had 8 hrs of labor once we reached the hospital and only about and hour of pushing. She is a great mommy and certainly loves her son to pieces. It feels so good to come home to a new baby again. In my eyes nothing makes the world more right then the innocence of a newborn child. They somehow make everything evil disappear.
Thank you all for your kind words, inspiration and well wishes during her pregnancy. She certainly needed them since she was a high risk pregnancy and was so sick during the beginning that she literally lost weight for the first 4 months. It was hell on her but yes an experience that she will always cherish as most moms do and she is an excellent mommy. In case you haven't seen my little pumpkin yet here is a pic of him, mom and dad before dad had to head back home to Texas.
May you all have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week. Don't forget to leave a comment and be sure to leave your link as well so we can all stop by one another's site and say hi.