Wednesday, June 04, 2014
Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by the wonderful Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond. Be sure to leave some blog lovin and then go over to her blog and join in on the fun. This will be the last one until June 18th because she is taking a break. So without further ado, let's get to it shall we?
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
--- I remember taking one to Abraham Lincolns birthplace when I was in the 5th grade. It was fun but it was also miserable because we had a long bus ride and I was in Catholic School and had to wear skirts....yuck!!!!! But the best part was that I got my mom this little trinket box made out of wood from there and she used it up until the day she died. Now I have it in a glass case with the stuff she had in it for years.
--- I have chaperoned several field trips for my kids. The two that stand out the most is when I took my oldest daughter to the capital here in Kentucky and we did a tour of the Capital Building and then afterwards went to a park. I ran across those pictures not to long ago. The other one is when I took my younger daughter on a field trip to the airport, lets just say that taking a bunch of kindergartners to the airport with only 3 adults is like a zoo.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
--- I would have to say the ads about how to get super skinny. Unless you are a movie star or a millionaire you don't need to have that thrown in your face. Everyone is different and alot of people with money can afford to have 24/7 Personal Trainers and surgery.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
--- Oh wow really Joyce? Man is that a hard one. My momma would have said I come out smelling like a rose and well most of the people I know still say that. However, I would have to say that there is no rose without thorns. It has been a rather rough couple of weeks and I am so glad it is over now.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
--- I would have to say I prefer Charcoal but we do have a gas grill and my husband does the cooking on it. The last thing we had on the grill was a steak. However, our grill has been messed up for a while now so we have to get it fixed.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
--- No, I sleep in the pitch dark, unless I am in unfamiliar territory and then I might have a problem
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
--- I will go with Another One Bites The Dust. It has attitude and always makes me think of skating when I was younger. Oh how I miss those days.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
--- I can neither agree nor disagree with this one. It is right and wrong on both levels. Some things that irritate us is just sheer stupidity on others parts and then somethings that irritates us is because we don't take the time to stop and think about the situation.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
--- My daughter has finally gotten her legal issues handled, her GED taken and Passed I might add and is getting ready for her baby to arrive. She is really getting her life in order before this little one arrives. Now she is driving me crazy about the baby shower which is still 25 days away. But I know she is anxious for the little one to arrive. I have to say I am so proud of her and that she is going to be a great mommy.