Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Wednesday Hodgepodge is Back!!!!!!!
Welcome back everyone for another great edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond. I am so excited to be joining in with her on her Wednesday Hodgepodges. You never know what she is going to through at us to answer and they are always fund. So be sure to leave some blog lovin and then hop over to her sight and join in on the fun.
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
---- Being bored and lonely. I look forward to your hodgepodges.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
---- Yes it is for certain summer here. Yesterday it was in the 90's and today is suppose to be the same. My poor A/C couldn't get the house below 81 yesterday and I was dying. Even my daughter who has lived in Texas for the last 5 yrs complained that it was hot.
---- My perfect summer day would be hanging on the beach somewhere and playing in the ocean with lots of food, drinks and family.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
---- I always have a lazy summer planed. With asthma and being out of shape I am not looking forward to stepping outside even to go to work. However, I have decided to get into an exercise program so I guess I will be going out after all.
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
----- Bill Cosby, because he keeps it real and shows that not only do you have to learn a lesson on your own but you are still loved no matter what the outcome or actions you take.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
----- I would have to say when I was about 10 or so. My mom had a boyfriend that traveled alot for work and one year he was in town during summer and we went to Otter Creek Park and my mom actually enjoyed herself. We all got in the water and I think it was the happiest I had ever seen my mom.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
--- Sadly no I haven't been to any of them. But if I had a choice with price not an option I would have to say The Outer Hebrides in Scotland because that is one place I have always wanted to go.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
---- Took my daughter to her doctor yesterday to check on how baby C is doing and they told her he is now head down and it wouldn't be much longer. Even though she didn't like the fact that they changed her due date from July 9th to July 24th. But at least now that they have changed the date the baby is right on schedule with growth, weight and everything else. I am so excited that it is almost baby time in my house. It has been a long time since we had one of those around.