Happy Wednesday everyone. Today I am joining in on another great Wednesday Hodgepodge. I should of had this done yesterday for today's release but yesterday was crazy. So I hope you will join in on the fun with me and Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond and share your answers and meet new friends.
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?
---- I have always loved that saying because that means that the world will have a little more beauty in it. I am not a gardening type person although this year my daughter is home and is tired of looking at a depressing flowerbed in the front yard. So she is working on planting. However the previous owners of our house was nice enough to plant some daffodils (or as I have always called them...buttercups) and tulips. Which I love both of them but my favorite would be lillies which my daughter is planting...wooohoooo.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
---- 10 for sure. I go absolutely apeshit crazy when I see a spider regardless of how big or small it is. My husband laughs at me because I am so terrified of them. He says they are the good bugs but I highly disagree with that statement.
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
----- I love salads of all sorts but I would have to say my two must haves is cucumbers and tomatoes. I am sorry but nothing says salad like those two items do. However, we put a little bit of everything in our salads including dill pickles and sweet pickles. Yeah I know crazy right.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)
------ I would have to say Seattle just because it looks like a variety of culture and it is one place I have always wanted to go. Not sure why I am drawn there but that is my pick. However, I love to travel so why not all of them????
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
---- I do this every Tuesday. We have a girl in the office that brings in timesheets that have to be coded and that is my job which I then have to give them to the payroll clerk which wants them by 1:30 but I never get them until about 1p.m.
6. What is something little you love?
----- I have a trinket box that my momma bought me when I was a little girl that I have somehow managed to keep all these years. It is in the shape of a heart. I have it in my cabinet that I am using as a memory keeper for my daughter and mom.
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
---- I am definitely a visual learner for sure. I can read something all day long and still be lost about it but if you show me I can do it without a problem.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
----- As some of you may know that I have two grandchildren from my daughter who died almost 6 yrs ago that I haven't seen since she died because they live with their dad. Well for the longest time they have not been posting any pictures of them on Facebook which I stalk like no other and they are finally starting to put pictures of them on there. Well a colleague introduced me to Pizap which is a photo editing program and I have been playing around with it. This is a collage that I did of my daughter's Senior picture and then the two grand babies that were taking this month.
Sorry I can't get them to go side by side but here is the two collages that I made. Kaylee is going to be 9 this year and Aadyn will be 7 this year and Heather would have been 25. She was 19 when she was killed, Kaylee was 3 1/2 and Aadyn was only 18 months old. I just pray everyday that they are reminded of her and know that she loved them deeply.
So don't forget to let me know you were here and then jump over and visit Joyce and all the others on Wednesday Hodgepodge.