Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Wednesday HodgePodge Volume 161
Well it is that time again to join Joyce over at From This Side of The Pond for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. So be sure you leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by and join in on the fun by clicking on the link above. Also be sure to stop over at my page Fun and Amazing Facts about your State and Link up and share what is amazing about your state.
Man what a wicked week this has been with all this crazy weather. Last night we got sleet like I have never seen before and it was crazy. Hope wherever you are that you stayed safe and warm.
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
---- I would say YES!!!!! I believe that we are the only ones responsible for our actions regardless of the situation. No Exceptions.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
----- Yes Jennifer Lawrence along with many others.
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
------ Yes and it was pot roast....yummmmmmmyyyyy
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
------- It doesn't really bother me considering my credit report is on a rebound. I just think it is funny because Ancestory.com sure doesn't have anything on me other then what I have added myself.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
------- I don't really pay attention to the Olympics unless I am flipping through and see the gymnastics part and then I might watch for a few minutes. The gymnastics has always amazed me because they are able to do the things they do with such precision and grace.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
----- I never played sports in school however, I used to play softball and football with the neighborhood kids. It felt great because we were always encouraging each other and having a great time. We were only worried about who was going to be on our team and not what each other did or didn't do.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch?
------- Oh wow this is a hard one. I would have to say that it would be Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot. Just because it is so upbeat and makes you want to move.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
----- These past couple of weeks has been really busy and crazy at work. I am so happy to report that we will have a new girl starting Monday and I can't wait!!!!!! I am also sick and tired of this weather. My son called me this morning after I got to work to inform me that the power is out. I told him there wasn't anything I could do and he would have to wait it out. I just hope it comes back on before I have to take my daughter to her OB appointment this afternoon for the baby.