Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Hello Everyone and welcome to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you have never linked up with this great Wednesday sharing then please hop over and visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond and check out her blog. Be sure to comment and let us know you were here and there. Meet some fellow bloggers and see what all the different buzz is about.
1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
---- Organizing my photos.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
---I actually had a bowl of homemade of Loaded Baked Potato Soup that my daughter made for me. She is a great cook.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
---Snowed in by far. I hate that it is so cold that I can't work my Avon business like I want to.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least oneof the funniest?
-----Despicable Me the first one.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
---oh yeah without doubt.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
-----This past couple of weeks has been really hard for me dealing with depression but I have learned that you have to just sit back and enjoy all the wonderful things that GOD has created and know that there are loved ones around.