Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Hello everyone, today is another Hodgepodge with Joyce over at From this side of the pond. I found her sometime ago and have participated a couple of times but it is always fun to see what questions she has for us. So today I am going to be participating and putting this on my weekly calendar so I don't miss any.
So sit back, relax and enjoy....better yet, jump in and join us. Be sure to link your page back to Joyce so we can all share.
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
----Well I guess I started doing selfie's before it became a word. I used to take them all the time of me and my kids when we would be doing something silly. Those are the precious moments. I do post them on facebook. I would post them on other areas but I still don't know how to work Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest yet.
2. Will you send out Christmas Cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
------Well I do believe that I am going to follow my sister-in-law's lead and do the Christmas Card Exchange. I don't normally like doing the whole Christmas thing but it does feel good to get things in the mail.
3. Do you trust easily?
-----Usually yes. However, if I find one thing that is questionable then no I find it hard to trust at all.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
-----I would have to say Cinnamon is my favorite. Pine cone bothers my sinuses, peppermint isn't bad but vanilla...well that reminds me of my late daughter and honestly it has always made me nauseous.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or by necessity?
----I would probably have to say more listening. I work in Accounting and it is always crazy at the 1st of the month. Every vendor in the world is calling for payment status the first week.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
-----Not real sure but when I think about songs the song "We Got The Beat" by the Go-Go's pops in my head.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
-----Wow that is a hard one. I have no clue who it would be.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
----To be honest I find it extremely hard to get in the Christmas Spirit since my daughter passed away I haven't put up a tree even though my other kids did a couple of years ago. Now I do buy presents and stuff but it just doesn't excite me. Now with that being said, it absolutely drives me crazy that people are not allowed to say Merry Christmas on their jobs because they are afraid to offend someone. I am sorry but I will always say Merry Christmas.